Back boiler - advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help???

We buying a older style property that has a back boiler behind the fire in the lounge.

The fire is hideous... and im not sure how long i can live with it!!???

Does anyone know how much (roughly?) it would cost to fit a new boiler? Its a three bed house?

And what type of boiler i should go for??

Sponsored Links
what type of boiler (bearing in mind it must be condensing)

what type of boiler do you want to go for :?:

and bear in mind whichever way you jump it aint gonna be cheap

get it done right and get it done once ;)

you cant change one without the other and the only way forward is to sacrifice the boiler and fire and opt for a new condensing combi boiler

using the existing pipework and radiators which at the very least should be flushed with cleanser before fitting a new boiler should set you back between 1 and 2.5k depending on make model of boiler and location in property

Sponsored Links
you cant change one without the other and the only way forward is to sacrifice the boiler and fire and opt for a new condensing combi boiler

tosh

you can have a new condensing boiler and tbf i would advise a new high recovery cylinder

you are not tied to a combi unless that is what you want

:idea:

oh ok - i think i get it now???

So i could probably use the old pipes and rads etc.. but they need flushing and it depends on what boiler i go for for the price, right>

All boilers now are condensing boilers.

Amptec :!:

ohh sneaky
hahaha-024.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back