Replacing Bathroom Plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Am about to take on what will be probably my biggest DIY job yet of replacing our existing bathroom (with some help for the plumbing bits!)

Currently our bathroom is fully tiled on all walls, and we plan to have new tiles. With experience from the kitchen i'm fully expecting when I get the tiles off the plasterboard behind will most likely be a mess so am planning to replace it.

Have been looking across various threads / online tutorials on it, bust just wanted to check if there's anything i should be aware of before taking this on - getting the plasterboard back level / straight leaving a good surface for the tiling is probably the part worrying me most!

When it comes to the wet areas, what are the pros / cons of tanking plaster board compared to fitting something like Wedi board or is it mainly a cost / time thing? Was also advised on Tile backer

Another thing which has been suggested is Tile backing Board - which i understand is waterproof and can take a higher weight of tile - is this something worth considering too?

Thanks!

Marc

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back