Replacing baxi back boiler with wall mounted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

In the process of purchasing a property to let out with a back boiler. While jm doing other work to the house I thought about changing the back boiler to a wall mounted boiler that is easier to fix and obtain parts, plus easier for tenanted property

Can anyone recommend a decent heat only boiler?

Once I have decided on boiler, will get a gas fitter around to do the removal/fitting. Hoping I can use all other fittings etc

Also am I am to keep the gas fire it currently has or would I need to replace with a new gas fire?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Keep the back boiler. Not much goes wrong with it. It will almost certainly outlast most wall mounted ;)

Keep the back boiler. Not much goes wrong with it. It will almost certainly outlast most wall mounted ;)

Getting mixed reviews from people

Currently boiler keeps cutting out and vendors are going to get it sorted. Just thought it would be better to change while doing other work. I'd gladly leave it there as it will save me £1500+

If new boiler is ONLY £1500, then it is too cheap to supply and fit. Who ever is giving you that price is not factoring in a suitable gas line as present will be 15mm, not cleaning the system (can add couple of days if properly done) to just give two examples..

If your heating guy cannot fix a back boiler, suggest you start talking to friends, family an neighbours for someone who knows what it is all about.

Sponsored Links

Getting mixed reviews from people

Currently boiler keeps cutting out

probably the pump sludged up causing the boiler to overheat and the {EDIT: boiler thermostat} to trip.

Caveat - the ventilation requirements for these back boilers are now very stringent. An existing installation may not comply - and a lot of them were badly installed in the first place with poor or no rendering in the builder's opening in the wall. The draughty vents required are unpopular with tenants and often get blocked up.

They also have appalling energy efficiency ratings and if you have to provide proespective tenants with an EPC this might have an effect on the renatbility of the propertty.

Owen, which back boiler has overheat trip that pops the pilot?

OP, gas fire can only be used with its back boiler. Boiler can be decommissioned and left in place for use with the fire you have

I did notice one that although boiler was not firing, the pump was hot to the touch.

Vendor called me last night and an engineer should be going out tomorrow to inspect

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back