Replacement back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will need to replace my Baxi Bermuda soon. Is it possible to get new boilers that fit behind a gas fire and use the chimney as a flue? All the new ones I've seen are wall-mounted.

Sponsored Links
baxi are soon to release a new condensing back boiler for general sale which should be a straight swap, although your system controls may need upgrading at the same time if you have a gravity system.

Dependant on your hw demands alot of ppl have the bbu removed and a combi fitted; choice is yours.

if you hang on for a while yes. A condensing back boiler with electric fire front is currently being trialed by baxi. Personally I'd look to relocate rather then making my custards guinea pigs for a new product.

currently being trialed by baxi. Personally I'd look to relocate rather then making my custards guinea pigs for a new product.

The guts of the new BBU are well tried and tested. I've had one for over 3 years in a combi version, with no problems.

Sponsored Links
I have seen the new condensing back boiler and it looks very good.

The only downside is that its likely to be an expensive option and access to the chimney is required to install the new plastic flexible flue.

Tony

solo he is the heat engine I beleive, same as the 80 eco combi. . . . .

Incorrect info

The heat exchanger is the same as the Main eco range and a few trial versions badged as Potterton ************

Incorrect info

The heat exchanger is the same as the Main eco range and a few trial versions badged as Potterton ************

that could be a bonus then. ive not worked on the main eco yet so cant comment on the H/E for that. the solo H/E is a turd.

currently being trialed by baxi. Personally I'd look to relocate rather then making my custards guinea pigs for a new product.

The guts of the new BBU are well tried and tested. I've had one for over 3 years in a combi version, with no problems.

i think we both know that just because a new model uses existing proven technology, there's always something new thrown in to balls it up ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back