replacing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there have just moved into a new house the current boiler is old poss early 80's but only supplies the central heating the hot water tank is heated by an immersion heater on a timer does it involve much extra work to have the hot water linked up to a new boiler?

Sponsored Links
phillo79 said:
hi there have just moved into a new house the current boiler is old poss early 80's but only supplies the central heating the hot water tank is heated by an immersion heater on a timer does it involve much extra work to have the hot water linked up to a new boiler?

It would involve changing your cylinder(hot water tank)& pipework. I would advise a conversion to a Combi boiler

Bambergaspipe said:
phillo79 said:

It would involve changing your cylinder(hot water tank)& pipework. I would advise a conversion to a Combi boiler

well

get your system checked to make sure a combi is appropriate first

and as to your question how long is a piece of string. get at least three quotes

:)

Sponsored Links
sheesh

may be different where you are but there is a huge amount of houses that have a main supply that is piisss poor

That and I hate combis :)

phillo79 said:

From the information provided, it`s definitely a house. :rolleyes:

Bambergaspipe said:
phillo79 said:

is that ALL you look for when fitting a combi??????????

you are kidding me right :):):)

forget a combi.....large pan for hot water and some logs for space heating

corgiman said:
Bambergaspipe said:
phillo79 said:

is that ALL you look for when fitting a combi??????????

you are kidding me right :):):)

Do you have a point?..The customer gets what the customer wants,

NOT if it doesnt work

look I am not getting into one of your much loved slanging matches

suffice to say that a combi is not suitble for every house

I am now done

rant away

Even combi manufacturers state that their boilers are not suitable for all property types and high hot water usage ;)

corgiman said:
NOT if it doesnt work

look I am not getting into one of your much loved slanging matches

suffice to say that a combi is not suitble for every house

I am now done

rant away

I think you are paranoid my old friend.I`m not interested in slanging matches. I don`t disagree with you. calm down. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back