Replacing boilers wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m moving house and taking my hive thermostat with me. I’ve changed it over to a Salus wireless thermostat (Salus model ST620RF (TX)). I’ve switched it over but I’m just a bit worried about my wiring, and looking for someone to reassure me.

The boiler seems to be powered via the thermostat receiver. I.e. from the mains with a fuse switch to the thermostat receiver then through that to the boiler.

I have completely replicated the hive wiring (which a heating engineer did for me) so the salus is wired the exact same. Is this right?

1. First picture is the Hive wiring before I touched it (darker cable is mains). “1” on hive reflects “COM” and “3” reflects “NO” from what I read online.
2. Second picture is how I planned on wiring the Salus.
3. Third picture is the wired Salus receiver.

The Salus instructions can be found here
https://salus-controls.com/ie/files/ST620RF-Manual-Version-014.pdf

The instructions only seem to show for a boiler which is wired directly from the mains power, however my boiler seems to get mains power via the thermostat receiver. It also doesn’t show the link wire which I’ve done between Live and COM.

I think my main worry is COM says it’s volt free on the Salus manual but I’ve connected a link wire between live and the COM (volt free)... is this ok?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I think I initially posted this in the wrong sub-forum so hope it’s ok me giving it a bump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back