Replacing Cast Iron Guttering with PVC

25 Apr 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I would like to replace my old Cast Iron Guttering with PVC Guttering. My Cast Iron Guttering is secured in the old way by means of "Rhone Hooks/Iron Top Fix Brackets" that go up under the slates. Is there a similar top fix bracket that has a vertical down plate / adaptor to which I can then fix a standard PVC Gutter support bracket, and if so where can it be purchased.
Sponsored Links
Many people assume when their cast iron guttering is leaking is knackered and needs replaced,this is often not the case.Is your cast iron guttering rotton or just leaking on the joints?Providing its just the joints/bolts thats gone and its not rotton why not re-joint/bolt?Remove the guttering sections,chisel out the old putty,re-fix,fit new putty and bolts(paint guttering while down).If this is possible it will last a life time and is far better than plastic gutterings......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links