replacing ceiling rose with flush light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how do i replace my ceiling rose with a flush light ? my rose has the connections shown however the ceiling light has 3 standard connections live` earth` neutral my question is what happens to all the other wires where do i put them? the pictures arn`t that great sorry

Sponsored Links
clicky in the sticky

you need to change the rose to a 4 way junction box, then connect a flex to the light from the jb.

do note what goes where, digital camera is good, so is a marker pen

Hopefully your new light has a reasonably large base as you will need to cut a hole so you can shove the junction box up into the ceiling...

SB

breezer";p="866905 said:
clicky in the sticky

you need to change the rose to a 4 way junction box, then connect a flex to the light from the jb.

do note what goes where, digital camera is good, so is a marker pen[/quot
thanx i will give that a try this weekend and will let you know how i get on i hope the images were helpfull

Sponsored Links
Hopefully your new light has a reasonably large base as you will need to cut a hole so you can shove the junction box up into the ceiling...

SB
cheers for the solution but i dont own the house so i dont want to go cutting big holes in the ceiling lol hehehehe that was my first thought though lmao

tygercat52";p="873168 said:
breezer";p="866905 said:
clicky in the sticky

do note what goes where, digital camera is good, so is a marker pen[/quot
i found a four way junction box at b&q however the "box" is round lol and still too big to put in the ceiling and to be fair the instructions were not really helpful to a complete novice ie me so maybe i ought to admit defeat and pay someone who knows what they are doing instead . or go on a sparkys course lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back