Replacing copper plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I suffered last winter with pipe splits in an outside laundry room. I now have the plastic replacement bits ready to go. Would very much appreciate advice on the following please before I start : I have some braided flexible piping in the system at present, do I need to replace these. The blue mains pipe comes up into the room and I am going as near to it as possible, do I need to replace present brass in-line isolators in the system or will they be OK (for frost damage) if just attached to the plastic piping. There is an outside tap which is connected to the piping with a tee junction , the copper feed (5") then goes through a hole in the wall, can I leave this connection alone and just connect the new piping above and below the present tee junction.
Any other advice would be appreciated. Have just found an earth strap going from the SS sink to the present copper piping, do I need this now.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Plastic pipe can split or push off the fittings when it freezes, so using it to replace copper seems like a waste of time and money. You would be better installing trace heating and pipe lagging, or providing some level of background heating in the room during winter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back