Replacing Danfos TP5000 with hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a hive installed that controls hot water and heating of ground and first floor.

I purchased a hive multizone to replace a danfos TP5000 on the second floor which only controls the heating on that floor.
I have attached a picture of it’s wiring, could anyone help me how to wire that up with hive.
It only has two wires

Attachments

• 1C433A9E-DBA0-4252-9C8A-29A694C8C3EB.jpeg
    1C433A9E-DBA0-4252-9C8A-29A694C8C3EB.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 2,088
Sponsored Links
The two wires in your photo are connected to terminals marked COM and N/O. These go to the terminals at the Hive Single Channel Version marked the same, which you will see from the diagram below are terminals (1) and (3)

Hive.png

Your previous thermostat was battery operated and didn't need a 230V supply which the Hive needs to power it. Therefore a new 230V supply needs to be connected to the Hives N & L terminals, and should should come from load side of the same 3A fused spur that feeds the boiler, or the N & L terminals of the existing Dual Channel Hive controlling the downstairs and hot water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back