Replacing downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a couple of downlights (spots) to replace for a friend and wondered what to replace them with. The ones that are faulty (faulty because the halogen bulbs have been replaced so many times the wires have gone brittle and snapped) are all cased units and say "fire rated" and 12v with transformers. I don't see why this is the case they are all in ceiling voids where there's plenty of space and the new ones going up will be 240v with LED lights fitted.

Please could you let me know your thoughts on this,

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
if theyre already fire rated fittings, chances are you need to replace them with fire rated fittings. And given the price difference, you may as well err on the side of caution

if theyre already fire rated fittings, chances are you need to replace them with fire rated fittings.
Actually, chances are that they did not need to be fire rated in the first place.

And given the price difference, you may as well err on the side of caution
A much better idea is for anybody installing recessed lights to learn about the requirements and come to properly understand them and to know what they are doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back