Replacing Drayton digistat scr with smart thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've looked at quite a few post on this topic, but still unsure and obviously being wiring very cautious. Hope it is ok to post here on this.

I have an old digistat scr connected to a baxi boiler 105e or 80e i think. Most likely 105e.

digistat scr.png

It has a mundane switch and the boiler wiring connected to the backplate.

I have this thermostat (Moes Smart zigbee)

thermostat.png

I was wondering anyone would be able to let me know if this thermostat is compatible with the wiring I already have.

I've since posts where the black (3) goes into No 1 on the thermostat and a cable is connected from 1 to 3 on the thermostat. L and N go to their respective connections.

Just not sure what happens with Grey (1) on the backplate.

Thanks,

Attachments

• digistat scr.png
    digistat scr.png
    712.4 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
a cable is connected from 1 to 3 on the thermostat
Adding the link is not appropriate for your wiring.

The two Browns in L on the SCR go to L on MOES terminal 4.
The two Blues in N to N terminal 3
Black to terminal 1
Grey to terminal 2

And safely isolate the green/yellow earth wire in a separate Terminal block (they must remain connected together)

Hi there,

I wasn't expecting such a quick response. Used a terminal block for the earth wires ,thanks for highlighting.

Just finished wiring it up. A job which should have taken 5mins took an hour due to aweful location boiler is in.

Everything looks good and testing has things working as they should.

Appreciate the quick help, especially on such a cold day!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back