Replacing Drayton Lifestyle ETS1 Room Thermostat with digita

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have a Drayton Lifestyle ETS1 Room Thermostat and would like to replace it with a simple digital thermostat.

I don't have (and am struggling to find) a wiring diagram for the ETS1.
Does anyone have any experience/details of this thermostat and can anyone recommend a simple digital replacement?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Sponsored Links
EST1 Terminals
1 = Common
2 = Switched Live
3 = Earth
4 = Neutral

Have a look at the Honeywell DT90E

Most modern digital stats do not have Neutral and Earth connections, so these wires will have to be made safe, e.g connect to a terminal block (different terminals) and hide in the wall.

As your stat is very old, is your timer also old? If so, it might be worth changing it and installing a programmable stat.

Thanks for your quick response.

Based on the wiring you identified for the ETS1 what would I need to do to wire in the DT90E?
Also would a Salus RT300 be okay to use?
How would that be wired?

Final question - how do you remove the ETS1 off the bl00dy wall??

As for the timer we've not long replaced that. We had a Drayton Lifestyle LP112 and now have a British Gas UP2 (Lifestyle 722) which gives much more control.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi D_Hailsham,
I've figured out how to get the cover off and I can now see the wiring.
1 is Red
2 is Yellow
3 is Earth
4 is Blue

How would I wire those into the Honeywell DT90E (and the Salus RT300 if you deem that as a suitable replacement).

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
Based on the wiring you identified for the ETS1 what would I need to do to wire in the DT90E?
Terminal 1 (Red) to A
Terminal 2 (Yellow) to B
Blue and Earth made safe

Also would a Salus RT300 be okay to use? How would that be wired?
Yes.

Terminal 1 (Red) to L
Terminal 2 (Yellow) to SL
Earth to Earth
Blue made safe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back