Replacing Drayton LP522 and RTS1 with Honeywell RF2 Sundial

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Second question for today :)

The RTS1 is in our hall and is behind a cupboard, plus the living room is on the 1st floor so we want the stat there. TRV in the living room will be set to max, so know about the lockshield aspect.

I want to remove the RTS1 so this will remove the call for heat, so will this wire need to be connected to the L as there will be no switch? Or is it best to leave the RTS1 in place and set it to max?

Sponsored Links
There are several variants / components that make up the Honeywell RF, So Would it be correct to assume that you are referring to having a BDR receiver and a separate wireless battery operated thermostat (DT92E or similar)

Yes, it is the Pack 2 with the wireless-enabled programmer (ST9420C) & wireless room thermostat (DT92E)

OK thanks, I see then you also have stored hot water to control (hot water cylinder).

To answer your question, what you do with the existing room thermostat will depend upon how you wire the new one in. If, as you say, you intend to leave the old thermostat in place then:

1. If the new thermostat (receiver) is wired in 'series' with the existing thermostat, then the old thermostat should be left on Maximum (or the live switching terminals connected together). But, if it's......

2. Wired in parallel with the existing thermostat then the wires should be disconnected at the old thermostat.

The ideal solution really would be to remove the old thermostat completely and just wire in the new receiver. If you need any further help a photo of the existing RTS1 wiring would be useful, as there is more than one way that these things can be connected.

Sponsored Links
Great, the first answer is kind of what I thought. Looking at the wiring at the programmer and in the airing cupboard I could not see a way to get the wireless stat to get the heating on, boiler yes but rads no.

I will swap out the programmer now and then when that is working look at the stat.

Cheers

OK(y) If you are just swapping the programmer to start with and binding it with the wireless thermostat, you will need to leave the existing room thermostat on Maximum so that it doesn't interfere with the operation of the new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back