1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing Drayton Thermostat with Digital Unit - Wiring Check Help

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by ark sez, 28 Apr 2020.

1. ark sez

ark sez

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My drayton thermostat (3-wire) stopped clicking so decided to buy a wifi digital thermostat. Digital thermostat dry contact is not wired to the live within the unit unlike the drayton. Can someone confirm my jumper cable position is correct? (i.e. does it matter which side of the dry contact (1) or (2) that the call (black) wire is connected?

Wiring.png
    Also, the yellow/green wire is con nected to the boiler pipes (earth wire), does it serve any purpose for the thermostat?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. Taylortwocities

Taylortwocities

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The way you have it in your diagram is correct, with a link between 1 and 4. The convention is for the line to be on the common connection of the make switch although functionally it makes no difference.
    Leave the earth as it is, in the bit of terminal block. It doesnt connect to the Digistat itself.

4. ark sez

ark sez

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks It's all installed now, nice to have heating back up and running!

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local