Replacing electric grill element.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
This morning the grill in my Zanussi ZOB330x electric oven (approx 18 months old) stopped working and tripped the fuse for all the sockets in the kitchen. The rest of the oven is still in perfect working order, so I'm assuming I need to replace the grill element. I feel confident enough to do this, but I just wanted to check with the brains on this site before I go ahead and order a new element.

Below is a photo of the element connection at the rear of the oven.
What's playing on my mind is the small white box on the right, is this a fuse for the grill? Might this be the problem? Do I need to go out and buy a multimeter?!!

Thanks very much.

Guy

Sponsored Links
The white object to the right of the element is a safety thermostat. If your grill element tripped the rcd the thermostat won't be affected. When an element "pops" you can often see signs of swelling or deformity somewhere on it. A multimeter is fine for checking continuity, resistance & voltage but no good for tracking down earth faults. A 500v megger is the correct instrument for this purpose.

Thanks very much Zipper.

I've found a suspect lump on the element, so I think I'll get on and order a new one.

Thanks again for your time.

Guy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back