replacing electric oven

adm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have just prchased a new electric oven as the old one died on us, the ratings for both old and new are identical as is the supply cable so is it within the regs for me to fit the new cooker myself or does it need installing by part p approved electrician.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
1. Fit it in December 2004. :eek:

2. Fit it anyway. Unless you think MI5 will discover you.:cool:

3. It is like for like. Will you be keeping the old one to prove it was like for like ;)

4. Pay out loads of money to do the simplest of tasks :evil:

thanks for the reply pdcelec,

1. i meant to say i did fit it in dec 2004 ;)

2. i will become a recluse just to be on the safe side over mi5 :(

3. the old one will be kept in storage. :rolleyes:

4. i will treat the wife on the money saved :LOL:

cheers !

further to my previous question on removing our old cooker i have noticed that the wiring for the kitchen ring main are just clipped to the wall which run directley behind the cooker.

is this ok to just install new cooker or should i be putting some sort of protection over these wires and if so what.

thanks

Sponsored Links
If it is a free-standing appliance, then it is not notifiable whether or not it is "like for like".

If it is a built-in appliance then it is notifiable whether or not it is "like for like".

Basically l-f-l is not a concept recognised by Statutory Instrument 2004 No. 3210 The Building (Amendment) (No.3) Regulations 2004.

As for the surface cables - do you think they are likely to get damaged? Do they look damaged now?

could someone please explain to me in an understandable way what bas means in line 3 of his reply :confused:

whether or not the new oven you have installed is identical to the one it replaced, has no bearing on whether you are supposed to notify the council in advance of replaceing it

freestanding, not notifiable,

fixed, notifiable,

anyway, you did some uninstallation work, not notifiable, then you fitted a freestanding oven, though you positioned it in a tight space on a shelf, not notifiable, then you finished your electrical work, and did some carpentry (installed four wood screws) ;)

thanks for the clarification bas,appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back