Replacing Farfisa 724N handset - 6 connections ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can help please. My old Farfisa handset has finally given up and I need to replace it. I have bought a Fermax Loft Universal handset. I’ve searched the web and everything I’ve found only show 5 connections to the Farfisa however I have 6. My additional connection is to terminal 9 which on everything I’ve found is shown as having nothing wired to it. Not sure how to wire up the new handset which only has five connections. Can anyone help?

FYI: The system is a single entry door lock and multiple flats with handsets.

Sponsored Links
IMG_3522.PNG IMG_3523.PNG
Would allways use the correct part but here are the wiring configs

Thanks, the handset is obsolete so I’ve had to get an alternative. I do have the two diagrams for the old and new phone, my issue is that the old handset has six wires not five. It has a wire connected to terminal 9 and the diagrams don’t show this.

Just because there is a wire connected in terminal 9 ....it may not do anything ....does the handset work with this wire disconnected ?

Sponsored Links
Yes that’s a good idea, one of the switches is broken but I could try and cobble something to try and get round that to see if it works without No.9

The switch that is broken is the one that operates when the handset is lifted. When the handset is on the base the switch breaks contact and isolates the handset. The plastic on which the switch pivots is broken. It’s easy enough to override the switch but not a practical solution.
Two pics, one showing wiring, other switch.
I have disconnected the wire at terminal 9 to see if it has any effect. It appears that flat buzzer and handset speaker work as does the door lock opener. Only thing not sure about is if anyone can hear me at the door. I need someone just to double check at the door, will have to ask a neighbor

Attachments

• B5ED1E19-DD57-47FE-839F-C0D379B18F86.jpeg
    B5ED1E19-DD57-47FE-839F-C0D379B18F86.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 745
  • 1E0C1047-424C-4EC0-8070-9D0952BDDA7C.jpeg
    1E0C1047-424C-4EC0-8070-9D0952BDDA7C.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 850
Thanks for that, it would have been an option.
I’ve now fitted the replacement, left the 6th wire unconnected. Appears to work OK, only thing I need to confirm is that I can be heard when there is a caller, maybe the postman tomorrow morning.
Thanks very much for your time and help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back