Replacing Farfisa 724N handset (doorphone)

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
Hi everybody, hope someone can help please.
My old Farfisa handset 724N has given up and I need to replace it.
It suddenly stopped delivering sound from the door to inside the flat, the technician said the is a short and i must buy a new one.

I bought this model PT510EW, the store told me it will fit as a replacement for the 724N.

When i tried to replace it i found that all the connections and terminals are the same, except one terminal is not the same in the 2 handsets.

the old one" 724N" has an unused terminal 9 there is a screw but without any wires and a there is a wire connected in terminal 6.

The new one "PT510EW" has a screw in terminal 9
and terminal 6 is empty no screw
thethe man shows that i should put a wire in terminal 9.

i guessed that the 6 in the old one maybe the 9 in the new one and i went ahead making the connections

Every thing is working good except the bell Can anyone help?

The new PT510EW manual
Screenshot_20190418-003410.jpg

The old "724N" Manual
Screenshot_20190418-002929__01.jpg
this is the old "724N" before uninstalling it
IMG_20190405_142703.jpg

On the right side is the new "connected"
On the left side is the old "disconnected"
IMG_20190418_001758.jpg IMG_20190418_001813.jpg

FYI: The system is a single entry door lock and multiple flats with handsets.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
does PT510EW works as a replacement for 724N ?
if yes, why the bell not working ?

i don't know, but i think you should start by addressing your question to the manufacturer or importer of the device.

The sales assistant in the store might or might not be technically trained, and might or might not be correct.

Sponsored Links
Yes you need one with a buzzer , electronic call will use the handset speaker to generate the sound ..
Not all systems allow electronic call

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back