Replacing Flat Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening.

I have a small extension to the back of the house measuring approximately 3mx3m.

It has an old bitumen roof that has lost its integrity and is beginning to leak. I need the following done:

• Removal of the flat roof.
• Removal and replacement of the existing decking boards.
• Insulating the roof space.
• Replacing the existing roof with an EDPM roofing system.
• Removal of all excess and waste materials from the site.

What kind of costs would I be looking at? Ballpark is fine...

Sponsored Links
£500 I'll use a high quality cling film system as opposed to EPDM and I'll start tonight with my miner's light. Oh and Roy & Pete will be out tomorrow to finish it off :p

Sponsored Links
HERTSDRAINAGE2010, thanks for your response. Unfortunately I think you might be a little ouit of my price bracket!

The type of guy that does that sort of work is rarely VAT registered.

"The type of guy that does that sort of work is rarely VAT registered."

Sorry mate I don't know what you mean.

It's small works and if they become VAT registered they usually go bust as they compete against non-Vat registered people. They therefore stay under the VAT limit, which suits them and suits you. Go for a bigger outfit if you wish, but the likely cost will double. (at least).

So if someone was to quote me say £1200 then that's all I would expect to pay? Sorry if I appear dense but I've always used friends to do work for me or done it myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back