Replacing fluorescant light with 4 light halogen strip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
b] Hi,
can anyone advise me how to do this, ive bought a halogen (4 bulbs) spotlight. At the moment i have a fluorescant strip light, ive had a look at the wires, i have a black/red in a sleeve, & 3 loose red wires, there is a yellow /green wire but not coming from the ceiling.........
can anyone give me a hint as to how to fit the new halogen one as i'm really not sure about all these wires! Cheers.

Fred.[/b]

Sponsored Links
I presume this is a kitchen? In this case leave the striplight.

Seriously, a striplight gives a much better light in what is essentially a workplace. The light is constant and shadow-free.

You can get nice covers and diffusers for fluorescent lights.

They are kinder to the environment too.

Spotlights create pools of light. You'll always have bits of worktop where its dark, and there will be shadows over the work area.

I like this one: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FGPM236slashHF.html

It has a high-frequency ballast for silent, flicker free operation and 1.5 second start, and no starters to replace.

Sponsored Links
Hi again,
well ive managed to do it ok, i took note of what you said about strip light being better in a kitchen, but it actually looks ok with the halogen strip, plenty light.

So, cheers & thanks for your help...great site this, lots of help for so many things us novices no very little about :rolleyes:

Regards Fred

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back