Replacing Fuse wire with MCBs

Sponsored Links
Reasonable provision shall be made in the design and installation of electrical installations in order to protect persons operating, maintaining or altering the installations from fire or injury.

What's mad about that?

Sponsored Links
the circuit will be SAFER with the re-wirable fuse swopped for an MCB

No, it with be as unsafe with an MCB, as neither device will operate in the event of an earth fault.

Surely if an MCB can toletate a worse Zs the circuit will be safer with an MCB assuming nothing else changes.

I understand that neither may meet the BS spec.

I decided just to continue the current thread...

I discovered somthing pretty nasty today while i was taking the bins out...

Yes that is normal cable being strung out of an unsealed hole in the back of my house around the yard wall, to an unterminated end!

I have to hope it's not live, i assume it was for yard lighting at some point.[/url]

I hadn't really been out the back!

I haven't moved in yet, thats this weekends job, i've just been popping by now and then to do a few bits and pieces.

Most notably, check everything works and is safe, get energy suppliers set up and get my network cabling installed - much easier in empty rooms.

That's not the end of the story, inside, on the wall which you can see in the pic which has the cable coming through, there are a total of 3 blanked off panels - 2x double gang 1x single gang.

Behind which is more cabling, again, i've no idea if it's live or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back