replacing gas fire and surround with mounted bioethanol fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Your advice welcomed!

We were going to replace our existing gas fire with a wood stove but are now leaning towards a bioethanol (just for convenience).

Unfortunately, because biofuel fires aren't usually 'installed' its proving tricky to find someone to do the job (we were looking for a wood stove installer). Do I need a plumber just to make the gas fire safe and then get a handyman/plasterer to finish the job?

Because there are multiple trades involved I not quite sure what trades to hire...
The project itself is to remove our existing fireplace and gas fire and replace it with a bioethanol fire (either mounted or on a raised floor). And also to fit a TV above the new fire.

This should all be possible because the existing fire is fitted in to a 'dummy' plasterboard chimney breast (the chimney itself is actually behind the plasterboard - we understand the previous owners built the dummy fireplace to make it a feature).

Looking at the photo - does this plan to mount a biofuel and a TV seem possible and which are the trades I need?

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• fireplace.jpg
    fireplace.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 226
Sponsored Links
Thanks Foxhole.
Good advice on the TV - as I said, it might go anywhere.
Most important is to sort out the fire (place)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back