Replacing Glow Worm Flexicom control box front - DIY job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies, I posted about this a couple of weeks ago and got one reply suggesting it's not a DIY job because air flow needs to be checked but the thread has dropped back to about page 4.

We had our Flexicom 24HX serviced and the engineer issued an advisory notice because the plastic hinges on the control box front have snapped off, prolonged heat having made the plastic brittle. He said a technician visit would cost £300 but suggested to Mrs RR that if we could source the part we could get a "local handyman" to replace it.

Then somebody on here said it's a technician job because the air flow depends on a seal around the display window, but I can't understand this because the boiler is open at the bottom of the case.

This is the part:https://www.wolseley.co.uk/product/glow-worm-20025182-control-box-front/

Replacement is a simple snap fit of the circuit board then fit the cable grommets into their spaces. I can do this. Any reason why I shouldn't?

Sponsored Links
job should done by a RGI. I would have thought if you supplied the part a qualified engineer could fit it for less than hours work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back