Replacing GU10 LED downlights - how accurately do I need to match them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a few rooms with downlights, and after a few years a number of the bulbs have gone. They are GU10 LED bulbs. I have removed the dead ones and sought direct replacements, but I am struggling to find them.

In the kitchen and the bathroom I have 4.3w dimmable bulbs, although they are not on dimmer switches. I am really struggling to find a direct replacement - can I use non-dimmable bulbs? I am replacing 1 or 2 bulbs out of 10, so I'd have a mixture of dimmable and non-dimmable in the same ceiling.

Also - how important is it that I get 4.3w? Screwfix has 3.6w, 4.5w.... 4.3w seems quite rare. Does it really matter? I think I was once told not to mix and match wattages.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It’s the lumen output and colour type that are important but matching older bulbs can be tricky

Also newer bulbs tend to be more efficient too

Dimmable or non dimmable isn’t an issue if you don’t have dimmers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back