Replacing hard-wired smoke alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have old hard-wired smoke alarms and was wondering if there are any new ones that are compatible with the existing wiring adapter/harness. If not, is it possible to buy a wiring adapter?

20220504_125404.jpg

20220504_125359.jpg

Sponsored Links
New ones have screw terminals that connect directly to the wiring. Any existing plug or other arrangement is removed. You do not need any adaptor.

New ones have screw terminals that connect directly to the wiring. Any existing plug or other arrangement is removed. You do not need any adaptor.

Thanks for the response. Is the wiring straightforward? Will the new smoke alarm have a diagram of what wire goes where? I assume as it's a replacement and not new install that I don't need to be Part P qualified?

They are dicon/BRK smoke i believe they have pulled out of the uk market ( Screwfix used to stock these ….AICO would be my preferred replacement

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back