Replacing Hudson Reed Diverter Cartridge Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've managed to get the old diverter out, but there isn't much room.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can line up the lugs because I can't twist the valve into place because it's too tight.

Sponsored Links
Errr... We don't have installation instructions or diagrams to every plumbing component available in the world, imprinted on our brains, so a few photos might help us to help you.... :whistle:

Sorry, I'm new here.
I've managed to fit the new diverter in the shower panel, it just needed some silicone spray, but I've caused another problem.
I switched the water off to the shower, which may have caused some pressure on the pipes that go into the shower pump. I can't stop the water dripping now from the inlet pipes. The worst is the front right pipe on the picture. Any help would be appreciated.
It's a Stuart Turner Showermate. But it's old (almost 10 years). There was nothing wrong with it until I changed the diverter, so a bit reluctant to change it.

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 320
Would be worth taking apart those push fit connections and remaking them... This often works. Failing that, do it again and dismantle the female connections to the pump and inspect the o rings... Grease them up with silicone grease (or spray) and try again.

Sponsored Links
I've taken them apart and re-made them but it's still leaking. Tried the silicone spray and no luck. I've moved washers / rings around to prove them and no luck. It's now leaking all over. Any suggestions? Am I at the point of a new pump?!

Starting to think its the O-Ring as when I move from hot input to cold input the leak moves, so hopefully if I get replacement that will resolve. Fingers crossed.

Does the shower have a handset? If so, take it off and run it with an open hose.
Then check if the pump is still leaking.
If it doesn't then the shower head is creating resistance to cause the pump to leak.
Replace all o rings with new on the pump inlets and outlets.
Your pump may also be limescaled up inside which again increases resistance just enough to find weak spots in the pipework.
New o rings are a good move for starters and cheap.

Does the shower have a handset? If so, take it off and run it with an open hose.
Then check if the pump is still leaking.
If it doesn't then the shower head is creating resistance to cause the pump to leak.
Replace all o rings with new on the pump inlets and outlets.
Your pump may also be limescaled up inside which again increases resistance just enough to find weak spots in the pipework.
New o rings are a good move for starters and cheap.
It does and will try that thank you.

Just need to find the right size O-rings now.....Amazon has let me down:)

No, couldn't find the Aldi ones so went to B&Q. They didn't have any 15mm 'O' rings so bought a plastic push fit valve thinking that they would have and 'O' ring in them that I could use. They were £1.50 each and fit perfectly. In the end, only two needed to be replaced, so for £3, I'm happy, as a new pump would have been £300+!
Had two showers and all dry... so fingers crossed.
Looking online, the Aldi ones look ok but the sizes may not have been right for us from the description as they were 16mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back