Replacing Internal Bathroom cord switch with PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all my first post, hope someone can give me some advice.

I'm looking at replacing the bathroom cord switch with a PIR in my downstairs toilet mainly due to kids leaving lights on all the time.

So I removed the cover for the cord switch and can see 3 wires going into it, Earth, a Red wire going into a port named COM and a black wire with a red cover going into a port named A1.

The PIR i got from Screwfix has three terminals Lin, N & Lout. So Im a little confused on how I should be wiring this up? Is the Red wire to Lout and the black wire with red cover into Lin?

Here are some pics:

Bathroom Cord Swith
20160205_213337_zpsrtfftxou.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160205_213337_zpsrtfftxou.jpg

PIR Terminals
20160205_214523_zpsz60o7h4p.jpg

Thanks
Ray

Sponsored Links
Hi, you need a neutral at the pir position. You have L in and L out to the light the pir needs a Neutral to operate, you could pick up the Neutral at the light fitting. If your lighting is wired using the "loop" method you could remove the switch cable at the ceiling rose and replace it with 3 core and earth to you pir positon giving you L SL and neutral within one cable.

Regards,

DS

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks DS & Taylor, Ive just had the ceiling skimmed so Im just going to return this PIR and go for one mentioned above.

Regards
Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back