Replacing ITSalus 500 with Nest Thermostat E

Sorry about that, I genuinely didn’t know as just found results on google search and thought it’s the same thing
As for the cables
Yes you are right about the Salus I have
NO = Black one wire
Com = Brown One wire and looped to L
L = brown one wire looped with COM
N = 2 blue wires together

Sponsored Links
OK so it is Black on the Salus
To NO on the nest
Brown wire from L on the salus to Com on the nest NO LINKS
All other wires need to be islolated safely

Sorry about that, I genuinely didn’t know as just found results on google search and thought it’s the same thing
As for the cables
Yes you are right about the Salus I have
NO = Black one wire
Com = Brown One wire and looped to L
L = brown one wire looped with COM
N = 2 blue wires together

That's not exactly what I said. According to what you say, there is an additional brown in Com. However it is still generally as per my diagram with the extra brown presently in Com also going to Nest e 'C'

nest-e-2-jpg.165260

Basically the wires stay connected together as they are now, and move to the terminals at the Nest in the same format. So:

All of the wires presently in the Salus 'Com' and 'L' terminals go to the Nest C (discard the link completely)

The wire in Salus NO goes to Nest NO

The wires in the Salus N remain connected together but do not connect to the Nest

Last edited:
Yes, there are 2 brown wires, one is connected to L and one connected to COM at Salus and the terminals L and COM are linked with a loop wire so are you saying I join these 2 brown wires and put them in the C on the nest?
that leaves me with the Black wire that's going to NO at the Salus, remove it and connect it to NO at the Nest
then there are 2 blue N wires joined together, I put the cap on them and not use them.
have I got it right?
thanks for all your help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back