Replacing Kitchen Mixer Tap Advice (Pics attached)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have bought a Brita Torlan 3 Way Filter Tap to replace my existing filter tap.
The Brita tap comes with free Standard installation which is a bonus but I am concerned that if I book their plumber, he will have one look and say its not straight forward and refuse the free standard installation.

Can anyone look at my current set up and say if it will be an easy replacement or not? The copper pipes appear to be difficult to remove under the sink.

2r6cwmp.jpg

2v96l2h.jpg

I am prepared to book my own plumber but would rather go for the free installation for obvious reasons.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure what would put the plumber off. It's just a tap with standard mountings and an extra pipe for the filtered water. I assume he either fits Brita taps for people who have had filtered water before and those that haven't (ie. currently have standard taps).

I'm sure he'll be OK. ;)

Because the free installation by Brita is standard installation only.
My existing setup doesn't look to be easy with all the pipes going into that small hole.
Any advice?

Sponsored Links
That's what monobloc mixer taps look like underneath, except yours has an extra, small bore plastic pipe going into the tap. Disconnect 3 pipes, undo the securing bolt and it's off.

If you're worried, give Brita a call to clarify things.

That's what monobloc mixer taps look like underneath, except yours has an extra, small bore plastic pipe going into the tap. Disconnect 3 pipes, undo the securing bolt and it's off.

If you're worried, give Brita a call to clarify things.

Great. Thats what I wanted to hear.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back