Replacing Kitchen Tap - PVC pipe to Flexi Pipe Connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys!

I hope you can help! I want to replace my kitchen tap as it's dripping and it makes me crazy, but after seeing the pipes I think that I need to have some kind of connector to connect flexible pipes from new tap to my PVC pipes. Currently my old tap is connected on metal pipes which goes to an adapter, which then goes to the PVC pipe.

So basically to summarize I need adapter to connect my new tap flexi pipes with the PVC pipes (mains hot and cold water).

I have attached the picture of the current set up.

I would appreciate any help!

IMG_20210820_165111.jpg

Sponsored Links
If it was me, with water off, I'd cut the copper and leave around 75mm off pipe in the plastic fitting.

You can then fit the appropriate connector for your hosetails.

Only issue you may have is having enough room to fit it all in.

Post a pic of your hose tails

Fit 2 isolation valves ,and two tap tail adaptors ( which need to be the same thread as your flexi tap tails ,usually half inch ,but may be 3/8 inch)

Can you guys send me some links to the adaptors?

Unfortunately I can't leave the copper pipes because there will not be enough space to fit the tap flexi pipes :(...

Sponsored Links
Cut the copper pipes and fit Iso valves with the relevant adaptors as said, also cut the plastic pipes on there vertical sections to drop the horizontal pipe lower giving you more room to get the tails in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back