Replacing multiple barrel locks - keyed alike?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new house with four external upvc doors of different makes and ages but all appear to have the same type of barrel lock.

Is it possible/easy to replace all four locks with keyed alike replacements for ease?

If so any recommendations?

5EB25DC2-18AA-4E2A-9B69-A6B13531FA78.jpeg BF5B761C-8E69-46CB-9077-FE41E9395748.jpeg 88D64DAB-178E-4EEE-8EE4-A6269C0F8798.jpeg 1E3900D2-C53C-4F33-8716-93C1C075EBB3.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I've used Avocet ABS locks throughout.
They were easy to specify, you take the measurement of the existing euro-barrel lock and the distance to the fixing hole.
They also supply keyed alike padlocks.
They are expensive, but when you consider they are the first line of defense to your home, the added security seems justified.
I hope that helps.

Our local locksmith "keyed" a lock so that our main door key opened the new lock. I think he chnged the little pins inside, so I guess they can just key some to your needs.

Sponsored Links
Is it possible/easy to replace all four locks with keyed alike replacements for ease?

Despite the different makes of lock, they all have a "Eurocylinder" which is a standard fitting.

Different brands and levels of security are available, but they should all fit.

The length varies, and you should get the shortest that fits. If there is a long protruding snout it is easier for a burglar to break it off and enter your home.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back