Replacing my old Vaillant - where can the new one go ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
My old (1985) Vaillant Combi needs to go.

Three bedroom Victorian mid terrace. The only external wall downstairs is the side wall of the bathroom extension - the original kitchen was widened.
Tony Agile may remember - you did a repair last winter !

The boiler was installed in the bathroom - above the bath. I have been told by one that is not acceptable anymore.

Looking through posts here suggests that different manufacturers have different location requirements , different installers sometimes try to suit themselves for ease or extra work.

I have attached a couple of pictures and wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions.

Can I "box in " at the current location ? Would installing a "normal" combi instead of a Condensing Combi let me keep the original siting ?

There is a cupboard under the stairs and one on the landing upstairs but neither have access to the outside for a flue. Or what about a Boiler Cupboard out the back ?

Thanks for any advice. View media item 66528 View media item 66529

Sponsored Links
No such thing any more as a 'normal' combi. They're all condensers these days. No matter, as it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

Not ideal, but if you are limited, the above suggestion may be one way of fitting a new boiler in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back