Replacing Pulsacoil 2000 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My Pulsacoil 2000 boiler has never really worked properly, it is connected to E7 which only provides enough hot water for 1 shower and washing some dishes. After that there is no hot water at all, even if i turn on the boost power. The boost can be turned on for 1 hr or longer but still no hot water.

The pump has been replaced, and the PCB also. Should also add I am constantly adding water to the bucket above the pulsacoil boiler.

So I want to replace the boiler, so it gives instant hot water to two bathrooms\showers and a kitchen. What should i look out for or go for to make this happen?

Sponsored Links
If you are having to add water to the header tank above the pulse
there you have a leak somewhere that needs sorting.

It sounds as if the economy 7 is heating the pulse coil up at night.
(You may be able to change the temperature of the economy 7 immersion heater if this is set to hotter you will have more hot water for the next day)

The booster is simply another immersion heater and it sounds like this has
failed and needs replacing. Fairly cheap item.
Should be relatively easy to get your system up and running.

Alternative is to replace the system with an unvented cylinder which will
set you back anywhere from £500 upwards+installation.

the bucket at the top of the boiler has no lid. Could the warmth in the cupboard be making it evaporate?

is there a particular immersion heater i should look to buy or avoid?

just taken the cover off the pulsacoil, the top skel, has some strange greenish foam, it almost looks like its rotten.... any ideas why this would happen? i doubt its a good sign.

The circuit board is flashing two red lights

the bucket at the top of the boiler has no lid. Could the warmth in the cupboard be making it evaporate?

just taken the cover off the pulsacoil, the top skel, has some strange greenish foam, it almost looks like its rotten.... any ideas why this would happen? i doubt its a good sign.

Yes put a lid on it.
Not sure myself but i would expect it to be a standard immersion heater.
Foam would be the insulation. If you have a greenish form around a join then it is leaking and that is limescale.

Sponsored Links

Yes put a lid on it.
Not sure myself but i would expect it to be a standard immersion heater.
Foam would be the insulation. If you have a greenish form around a join then it is leaking and that is limescale.

thanks for the quick reply, i have also just noticed that the green light is no longer lit up, not sure if it ever was. next to the green light led is "control circuit on"

Hi All,

I would like some advice please, I own a couple of properties with the dreaded PulsaCoil boiler in, they cause me nothing but problems and I am always having to have them repaired.

I have several rental properties with PulsaCoil boilers in them and I am seriously considering replacing them as they are a continual headache.

I have looked at reviews for the PulsaCoil PCS which are not great, the Megaflo has good reviews but I don't think I can have it as I am unable to have any discharge pipework. I can not find any reviews for the Tristor and would appreciate if anyone could give me feed back as I am reluctant to fit another PulsaCoil due to the amount of problems and poor feed back on these forums.

Any advice for the best replacement for PulsaCoil 2000 would be appreciated.

I have looked at the following units:

http://www.megaflo.com
http://www.pulsacoil-2000.co.uk
https://www.goplumbdirect.com/cylin...vented-thermal-store-180-litres-tsv180c-.html

Telford. It has no PCB, pump (c/w guaranteed to leak valves) or plate heat exchanger. Gledhill have discontinued their version (PulsaCoil BP). Primary water has to be well dosed with inhibitor and scale reducer on the domestic supply as a minimum. Softened water if you can find a tenant to maintain the salt level.

Hi Shoesmith! I was wondering what cylinder you opted for. I have the same problem. GoPlumbDirect - who work with the engineers who looked at my boiler offered me the tristor. However I cannot find any reviews - and am cautious about getting advice from the same company who sells them.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back