replacing room thermostat

Sponsored Links
http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/homeownerzone/products/timecontrol/mitimemultichannelprogrammer/
Fair enough - that's a pretty versatile 'multi-channel' one. However, I still think you might struggle a bit to find a 2-channel one which is not labelled' as CH and HW.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Fair enough - that's a pretty versatile 'multi-channel' one. However, I still think you might struggle a bit to find a 2-channel one which is not labelled' as CH and HW.
You might but as it's not what you want why would you buy it?

adhesive-labels_automation_solutions.png

You might but as it's not what you want why would you buy it?
Presumably if/because one couldn't find one labelled according to one's intended use of it - leaving one with the not-too-elegant sticky labels you kindly posted an image of!

Kind Regards, John

The thermostat now calls for heat when it drops past the set temperature and switches the boiler on and off as required...However the boiler still fires even when the programmable timer is set to off as I reported before

So the thermostat now works, but even when the heating is turned off on the programmer as if the programmer was turned on?

Am I correct??

Remember if you get a new programmer to get a 2 channel one.

I.e. This: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HOC27.html[/QUOTE]
Yes it would seem that the new thermostat is now doing its job correctly but even when the programmable timer is set to off the boiler is firing...Looks like a new programmer is my next purchase
Regards Martin

Although having said that, you don't really need a timer for CH with modern programmable thermostats.

does it not have times and temperature set points

Although having said that, you don't really need a timer for CH with modern programmable thermostats.

Never thought of that, I just went for a basic digital thermostat. In hindsight it may have been wise to invest in a fully programmable one. I have booked a visit from my heating cover provider, hopefully they can resolve the remaining issue for me (with a free programmer ;) )

Never thought of that, I just went for a basic digital thermostat. In hindsight it may have been wise to invest in a fully programmable one.

Surely you would still need a programmer for the W/H function

Yes. But the hw channel on the timer is working.
Yes, probably - although I don't think we've been told so. If so, I suppose that a programmable heating stat plus half of a (presumed) half-knackered CH/HW programmer would serve the OP for the time being - but it's hardly a very nice long-term setup!

Kind Regards, John

All sorted now folks. New thermostat is now working fine and a new programmer was fitted today....Just in time for the snow, thanks for all the feedback :D

We haven't been told the hw channel us faulty. And I can't see how it could be broken.

Bypassing the ch channel is fairly typical when fitting programmable stats to avoid the confusion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back