Some advice please ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone
I'm trying to replace a push-button (pneumatic) time delay switch in the stairwell of a four-storey house (it's one of four switches that activate the lighting). I want to install a Timeguard DS1 switch which is illuminated so you can find it in the dark...should be a straight swap but I can't figure it out. Partly, it's because the terminals on the two switches are labelled differently - see below...

Wiring to the existing pneumatic switch is Red (COM terminal), Blue with Red tape (NC terminal) and Yellow with Red tape (NO terminal). These need to be connected to Live, Switched Live and Slave terminals on the Timeguard, I'm not familiar with these labels and don't want to screw it up.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
For that timeguard switch to work, you need 3 slave switches to replace the rest with. :(

I think you can get illuminated surrounds that fit any single gang accessory (ie. the old switch), not sure though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back