Replacing Salus rt300rf with google nest e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im replacing our Salus rt300rfwith a google nest e and wanted to triple check the wiring. I've attached a photo of my salus' wiring. I think Im right in saying that it should be as follows:

COM (grey) to: Nest Heatlink (2) Heating common
NO (black) to: Nest Heatlink (3) Heating call for heat
N (blue x 2) to: N
L (brown x 2) to: L

Thanks!
Bevis

Attachments

• IMG_20210115_111656.jpg
    IMG_20210115_111656.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 190
Sponsored Links
I thought the Nest e was battery powered? If so you only need com and NO.

As @Chris_W correctly says Nest E is battery powered and doesnt use the L&N do you actually mean Nest 3rd Gen ? they are not the same

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks guys. No it's definitely a Nest E. There's a switch next to the boiler which appears to power both the boiler and the receiver, so one of each of these presumably is the boiler's and the others are for the receiver. I think I'd best get someone in.

Sponsored Links
no need couldnt be easier, NO and COM from existing to the same on the nest E, either remove or safely isolate everything else , not hard to do

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I actually went ahead and tried but now I'm not getting any power to the boiler. I've home emergency cover and someone's coming round, but wonder if there's an easy solution 've missed.

I wonder if they powered the boiler via the receiver? A bit odd, but would work and possibly explain your situation. Either that or blow a fuse.

I've actually put it back the way it was now, and still no power to the boiler. I wish I'd taken pics first. I did as is described above though. It does look as though the boiler is powered via the receiver.

I wonder if they powered the boiler via the receiver? A bit odd, but would work and possibly explain your situation. Either that or blow a fuse.
That is exactly what has happened, you need to join the two blue wires in one terminal strip and the two brown wires in another then the boiler will power up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back