Replacing Shower Valve & Best Tap Spanner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Looking to replace a flush mount shower valve. Just wondering how much of a pain in the rear this will be, is this normally possible without removing tiles as the original was fitted when we had our bathroom first installed & tiled? What will I need to get the job done myself ordinarily?

Also, could you recommend a tap spanner to get in under a corner bath, I've tried with my adjustable basin wrench but without being able to see the taps it is bl00dy awkward and keeps slipping off!?

Many thanks for your help,

Micky

Sponsored Links
Shower Valve cartridge removal will depend on valve type and whether the tiler has left or been able to leave access.
Tap spanners, I do prefer the non-adjustable type if you can get it in the space. Other than that I have a monument adjustable tap spanner, that would be my choice.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying! I'll try and remove the old valve to take a look. How would the connections ordinarily be made, should it be with push fit?

Will take a look at the monument too, I guess it's easy enough to use without actually seeing what you're doing, or is there a nack to it?

Thanks again

Micky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back