Replacing the kitchen mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You can insert pictures by copy and paste into your post.
Our kitchen tap has developed a drip which has been going on for a while.

I've been looking for a replacement but have no idea if I need deck mounted, surface mounted, monobloc, etc. I'm a bit hapless at DIY, but promised the wife I would sort it out.

My current tap is below

PXL_20210610_124802689.jpg
PXL_20210610_124817759.jpg
PXL_20210610_124840561.jpg
PXL_20210624_122830235.jpg
PXL_20210625_160016472.jpg
PXL_20210625_160300197.jpg
PXL_20210625_160032359.jpg

If anyone can recommend what type of tap it is I need, how I can remove the one I have already, and some tips on installing the new one would be really appreciated

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Please post some pictures of the tap and under sink.

You can use the upload a file button often works better than trying to insert into the text.

Ok cheers have done that. Soon as I get home I will take a pic under the sink too. Any ideas from what I have uploaded so far? Cheers for the help

Pretty standard monobloc tap loads around, most will be a fairly easy swap for regular DIY'er it depends how good your tool kit is and your confidence. The main problem is usually access under the sink to remove and replace the tap, sometimes the fitter fixed the tap to the sink before he fitted it! So hard to get out. As a rule there will be one nut holding the assembly down once the water is off easy to undo the pipe connections but accessing the nut (somewhere around 10 to 15mm but that is only a guide size will vary slightly) is fun, a box spanner or deep socket is the best way to access it. Have a look on a site like Screwfix.com at the taps to get an idea of your options.

Have a look at this link.

Sponsored Links
Get them if ebay for £16, fitted a few over 10 yearsnow and there still going strong

Any idea of what type of tap I will need? There seems to be quite a large choice available and I'm not sure what I will need?

Whatever takes your fancy the are all much of a muchness when it comes to fixing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back