Replacing thermostat question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. Newbie here! would appreciate some help on this one. I am replacing a broken thermostat with a different model. When I took the panel of the broken sunvic thermostat I was faced with this wiring configuration. So if you look closely the live is going into live. Grey into neutral (blue sleeved to show neutral). Then a black wire sleeved brown (I assume some kind of switched live) going into on terminal. Then a brown connecting wire from live to com.
sunvic.jpg

I am replacing with the basic Honeywell T6360 room thermostat and wanted a little help with the wiring.

Below is an image of the terminals for the honeywell:

honeywell front.jpg

Here is the wiring diagram:
honeywell wiring diagram.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
Drew

Sponsored Links
Thanks for speedy reply, very very grateful!!!!!!! just wanted to double check. What do I do with the wire that links live to com? do I just discard this? Sorry for all the questions.
drew

Yep, throw it out. Technically you probably don't need the neutral either but leave it in as it's there

Sponsored Links
Yep, throw it out. Technically you probably don't need the neutral either but leave it in as it's there
You definitely need the neutral connected on the T6360 stat or the anticipator will not work (that's the resistor in the diagram). It reduces the on/off differential of the stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back