Replacing Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Bit of a newby on this subject but my Honeywell T40 has just giving up (the dial has snapped) So I am looking to replace it with something a bit more modern and preferably digital. Any suggestions?

Also I have a box in the airing cupboard which I set to come on in the morning and evening then a T40 downstairs in the front room to adjust the temperature. If I replace the T40 with a programmable thermostat does that make the box in the airing cupboard redundant? If so do I need to take it out?

Thanks for the help

Tom

Sponsored Links
If you get a programmable Tstat, the timer upstairs is still usually required to control the hot water.

Any suggestions?
Just reputable make.

If I replace the T40 with a programmable thermostat does that make the box in the airing cupboard redundant?If so do I need to take it out?
Unless it controls anything else as well - hot water?
If not, you can remove it or set to permanently on.

Sponsored Links
ok, thanks for the quick replies!

It does control the hot water. So if I get a programmable thermostat I should leave the hot water on 'twice' and the heating on 'constant' then the thermostat downstairs will control when the heating comes on and goes off

Cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back