replacing toilet in ground floor bathroom with soil pipe in concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to replace a toilet in a ground floor bathroom but the soil pipe is mounted in the floor approx 34 cms from the wall which makes fitting a toilet relatively difficult. i have seen that there are flexible connectors available but does anyone have any experience with these and can you connect one to another? Ideally i would like to go from the back of the toilet turn 180 degrees back on itself then a short run then down into the soil drain. then i can box in the pipe work to make a much cleaner appearance than i have currently.

Sponsored Links
The more bends or turns you put into a toilet soil pipe, the greater chance of solids being caught and eventually blocking, especially with a ribbed flexi (sounds like a fancy prophylactic lol), 180Deg would not be advisable.

What was there before? Pics?

can't add a pic as i'm at work but currently it turns 90Degrees out of the back then a short run <40cm then another 90degree bend then another short run <40cm into soil in the ground. Groundworks isn't an option due to not knowing how the drains run under the house and have so far been quoted in excess of £1000 to replace and reinstate the outside soil stack and seal the soil pipe in the ground which seems a tad expensive

also the reason we want to change is because the current toilet is raised off the floor with bricks and our daughter cant get on it without help from an adult

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back