replacing toilet tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
yes easy to do reason slimmer uk keeps reducing how much water we use per flush but you may need a new flush pipe

Sponsored Links
Don`t waste £40 on that plastic c-rap when you can get a whole new Ceramic " bog in a box" from DIY sheds for £60 ish ;)

only thing i was thinking about was i might have to put some new flooring as the previous person fitted nice vinyl around the toilet - so more work :(

hard to replace full system??!!

There's no big deal in replacing the complete loo, but be aware that the outlets of loos aren't at exactly the same height......great if your new pan is slightly higher but more of an issue if its slightly lower!
The water inlet won't line up unless you use a flexible mains connector and the syphon within should have its own internal overflow.
If you decide just to replace the cistern, you'll need a new flush pipe that connects the pan to the cistern more than likely.
John :)

I was going to suggest an Elan cistern, if you were going down the plastic cistern route. That was until I saw the rip-off prices being asked for them!!

We sell - as distributors - CME Elan Cisterns to independant and national merchants - no sheds. When I look at some of the prices on line I think we are in the wrong business. Now I know why we hardly ever lose customers by way of insolvency!!!

only thing i was thinking about was i might have to put some new flooring as the previous person fitted nice vinyl around the toilet - so more work :(

hard to replace full system??!!
Fair comment - have you considered eBay ? there is a surprising amount of sanitaryware for sale on there within travelling distance of most places :idea: Used but perfectly good condition

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back