Replacing Twin Entry Radiator valves

Apologies to DeltaT2.

Working from memory (one of which I used to have) I got it completely @rse over t1t.
We sold around twice as many 8mm as we did 10mm.

Over a 10 year period we sold roughly 5 thousand 10mm as opposed to over 12 thousand 8mm.

Sponsored Links
Apologies to DeltaT2.

Working from memory (one of which I used to have) I got it completely @rse over t1t.
We sold around twice as many 8mm as we did 10mm.

Over a 10 year period we sold roughly 5 thousand 10mm as opposed to over 12 thousand 8mm.

Ach don't apologise Charnwood, even I got it wrong once.
Christ, I wish I had a quid for every maxitwin I fitted. Mind you we made good money on labour only gas board installs, that 8mm Table Y was dead easy to work with, we were young & daft. So most of the money went on birds, drink & uppers............. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think it is entirely fair. First of all, the quotes were not just for changing some "pesky" radiator valves, that was just a small part of the work. I also wanted a new radiator plumbing in to my workshop, a new towel radiator plumbing into a new en suite, I wanted five new radiators fitting, the boiler needs servicing too, I have a dishwasher and washing machine supply and drain that needs plumbing in, and I also wanted a zone valve fitting, along with two wireless thermostats. Not only did I want all that work doing, I also wanted the tradesman to supply all the items needed, (five rads, 13 TRVs, 2 thermostats, zone valve and all fittings). And you think it is okay just to get one, perhaps two quotes for all that?

You said:

I've moved into a house that has radiators with twin entry valves connected to 10mm diameter copper piping. I want to replace these valves with TRV's, so I called a few plumbers in to give me some quotes.

Why are we expected to imagine that you actually meant something completely different? I stand by my earlier post.

OP From some of the replies on here you will realise that plumbers /gas guys buy everything for there own house from the first guy that gives them a price and never shop around (as if).
Its not a new thing in this industry giving quotes that you dont get it all part of the job people ,live with it. It is not your god given right that a cust must accept your price.

Delta ..Would that be fish uppers or fried mars bar uppers :mrgreen:

:LOL: :LOL:
Don't do drugs kids, it's not cool, hip or street...............Only losers & morons do drugs. Dope kills your brain cells & you stink like a tramp!!!

Don't do drugs kids.....Dope kills your brain cells & you stink like a tramp!!!
Never done drugs, boozed like a good un in my youth but not to excess, never smoked, yet my brain cells are depleting at a rate of knots.
Where did I go wrong?

Not sure about the tramp thing. That's yet to come, probably.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back