Replacing UPVC windows.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

looking at replacing my knackered old upvc windows with nice new ones. Have found uktradewindowsonline.co.uk who have some good prices, but how hard is it to do a like for like replacement myself. I'm a competent DIYer who has turned his hand to most things, so would be happy doing it, but is it as stright forward as it would appear?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Sponsored Links
It isn't rocket science if you get the sizes right & if your a good DIYer then anything is possible, you just need to follow the correct proceedures.

One small fly in the ointment is that replacement windows/doors is notifyable work & unless you use a FENSA registered installer, you will need to notify your Council (LABC) to have them inspected (fee involved) in order to get a certificate of compliance which you will need when you come to sell your property!

And, please, don’t come back with the question “how are they going to know if I say they were in there when I bought it”.

Sponsored Links
make sure you are aware of the current building control requirements (they will advise) and keep the glass stickers, delivery notes etc; to show the inspector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back