Replacing wall with sleepers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I want to replace this little wall with sleepers which will sit level (or just above) the grass so it is easier to get things in and out of that PVC door as well as looking nicer imo.

Do I need to worry about drainage? When it rains will water seep under the sleepers and "flood" the lower area? As you can see from the photo the ground level is only about 7 inches higher at the highest point.

I'm not sure if that is a stupid question, I know with retaining walls having somewhere for the water to go is important. And even though I know this isn't exactly a retaining wall, I don't want to take it all out to find out i've created a problem for myself.

Attachments

• IMG_20230219_173834.jpg
    IMG_20230219_173834.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20230219_173750.jpg
    IMG_20230219_173750.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
You can put black polythene membrane out of site just behind the sleepers, but it will need to be thought through so any water doesnt gush out somewhere else instead.

My first thought was where is your DPC in relation to the block paving ( and the wall)?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back