Replacing wireless thermostat with hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm trying to replace an existing heatmiser rf thermostat with a hive. The wiring from my boiler (worcester botch greenstar 30i) goes to the current rf switch as shown in the photo. Can anyone advise on how to rewire to the hive receiver? I've not got the hive yet but am assuming the single channel is the right one?
Many Thanks
Gareth
20200926_131540.jpg
Screenshot_20200926-132031_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The single channel is the correct version for a combi boiler, that doesn't have a separate hot water cylinder. You simply move the wires from the Heatmaster terminals, to the same terminals at the Hive. So, the wires in:

Heatmaster COM1 goes to Hive (1) also marked COMMON

Heatmaster NO1 goes to Hive (3) Heating On & also marked NO

Heatmaster L goes to Hive (L)

Heatmaster N goes to Hive (N)

Heatmaster E goes to Hive Earth Tether [Although it's not good wiring practice to use a grey wire as an earth conductor, even though it has green / yellow tape on it. :rolleyes:]

If there is an existing timeswitch or programmer elsewhere that is presently controlling the central heating, then that should be set to be permanently 'on' otherwise it will interfere with the operation of the Hive.

Stem, that's great. Thanks for the quick and clear reply. As you can see my earth and live both have two wires, am I right in thinking I just keep those together in the new terminals as you've advised?
I don't think there's any other timer, the only other part of the "system" is the heatmiser wireless thermostat which I what I'm replacing as it is broken.
Gareth

The wires stay electrically connected as they are, they just move to the corresponding terminals at the Hive. So if there are two wires in the Heatmaster terminal, the same two wires go to the corresponding terminal at the Hive.

There isn't always a separate timeswitch, but some boilers have one built in, on other occasions initially there may have been a timeswitch or programmer and a separate room thermostat. If you don't have one, then there's nothing to worry about.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back