Replacing Wireless Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have a wireless Center thermostat and receiver connected to my boiler, over the past month it keeps switching on and off and resetting itself I have tried to replace the batteries but no luck I have a feeling it was dropped and has damaged it.

I would like to replace it with a Nest 3rd Generation learning thermostat but is it straight forward to replace as in would I be able to do this myself or do I need an engineer. I have taken the front off the current receiver and there are only 4 wires so can it be that difficult is it just a straight swap.

The black and brown cables on the current receiver to the left would be the permanent neutral and live. And the cables going into A, B would go into 2 and 3 on the nest receiver. Is that correct?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_3456.jpg
    IMG_3456.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3564.jpg
    IMG_3564.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4356.jpg
    IMG_4356.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_43567.jpg
    IMG_43567.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
The black and brown cables on the current receiver to the left would be the permanent neutral and live. And the cables going into A, B would go into 2 and 3 on the nest receiver. Is that correct?
yes simple as that, do not make any links on the nest that you may see mentioned in other posts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back