Report on the BBC and gay issues

Why am I being picked on for putting forward the view of the Christian church and the moral majority? Why does everyone pander to the likes of every minority group? The only difference beteween a gay man and a straight man is a chosen lifestyle. Why do we have to be bombarded with that lifestyle choice? There is no physical difference between the two. They are not a third sex. Why the distinction?

joe

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Why am I being picked on for putting forward the view of the Christian church

It's nothing personal joe, I for one would pick on anyone who puts forward the view of the christian church.

hermes said:
joe-90 said:

It's nothing personal joe, I for one would pick on anyone who puts forward the view of the christian church.

But that's your choice isn't it? You believe what you want to believe and let others believe what they want to believe. Do you pick on Muslim belief too? You do? Let's hear it then.

joe

Sponsored Links
This topic is about how homosexuality is put over on tv.

Joe, I don't understand why you have the impression that I'm a "one-trick pony" or that I constantly push issues like this because I don't, and especially not on here.

If you take my last 10 DIYnot posts, for example, there are 3 replies for caption competitions, 1 post about surnames, 2 electrical posts in which I advise a 16amp MCB for a single-socket radial, 2 posts about UPVC door locks, 1 about wills and Alzheimers disease, and this one topic in which I found an article I beleive to be thought-provoking and people might want to discuss.

If anything, this proves my point by giving a fairly balanced impression of the sort of things which interest me, and why the TV report grabbed my attention - i.e. when you do see gay characters on TV, they're usually stereotypes, and certainly not to be found discussing things like electrical installations and door locks!

More balanced representation, less clichés and sensationalism = greater acceptance, less ignorance and abuse. It's not difficult.

joe-90 said:

Oh for pities sakes man, get into the 2000's - However did I guess you were going to say it was the view of the Christian church? Isn't it one of the most Christian acts of faith to live and let live and have compassion for your fellow man? It seems to me that almost all of the so called Christian's that I have ever met are nothing but hypocrites. Oh yeah and fyi loads of so called Christian clergy are gay - yeah really, that's a true fact!

joe-90 said:
and the moral majority?

Are you trying to say that most of us on here are immoral? if so, bring it on... I'd rather be immoral and have fun than listen to someone like you trying to preach what is right and wrong :rolleyes:

joe-90 said:
Why does everyone pander to the likes of every minority group?

That's a very un Christian thing to say and no one is pandering to anyone, it's about equality for all.

joe-90 said:
The only difference beteween a gay man and a straight man is a chosen lifestyle.

THAT has got to be the most ludicrous thing I've read in a long time - no one chooses to be gay the same as no one chooses to be hetero, it's not a lifestyle, it's hormonal!

joe-90 said:
Why do we have to be bombarded with that lifestyle choice?

No one is bombarding you. Oh well actually, maybe they are - look how many gay clergy there are - read my previous post.....
joe-90 said:
There is no physical difference between the two.

joe-90 said:
They are not a third sex.

No one said anyone was a third sex but this is 2006 and why should anyones sexuality be shut away and hidden?

joe-90 said:
Why the distinction?

You and people like you are the ones making a distiction. From what I can see is that all ninebob wants is for tv to portray gay characters as they are and not as raging handbag and flower wavers!

You know, it's bigoted posts like yours that make me glad that I am a Pagan. At least I am tolerant of other peoples race, sexuality and religion. Incidentally, i have nothing against christians in general - just ones who go around trying to dictate what people should and should not do and believing taht they are holier than thou. I was brought up in a christian home - church twice and sundays and 3 times in the week etc. it was exactly the attitude of people like you that made me realise that most 'christians' don't follow the word of jesus at all - wasn't he supposed to have been an extremely tolerant guy who loved everyone ????

I rest my case.

I'm going out on the limb here. Was wondering how shows get shown on tv there? Probably very stupid question, for that I apologize. I cant say that homosexuality is the "norm" here (US) or that it is accepted by all. But I will say that in the past 3 to 5 years, we have more gay oriented shows such as"queer eye for the straight guy" and talk shows hosted my gays, there are sport events and special events by and for the gay population...seems it takes more than pondering about it to get it done. :confused:

Brightness said:
THAT has got to be the most ludicrous thing I've read in a long time - no one chooses to be gay the same as no one chooses to be hetero, it's not a lifestyle, it's hormonal!

Arghhhh!

It's that time of the month again when I start feeling gay...!!

Edit: I have to add here that I am not mocking gays at all - in fact, I may have dabbled in the past - there!! I've said it! Now I've really gone and upset joe......

The part of the report I find biased is the comment about Anne Robinson.
These came from a range of programmes including the Weakest Link, hosted by Anne Robinson, and The Lenny Henry Show.
Whilst I appreciate Stonewall are a gay campaigning group, they should recognise that Anne offends everybody, thats what people watch the show for. I have no figures to confirm this but would suggest the Welsh get the most stick from her!

Ninebob wrote,
and Sean in Corrie, who makes me cringe because he's everyone's stereotype of a gay man and everything that I'm not.
I have many gay friends and almost to a man, they all cringe at this OTT campness, be it on the telly or even in gay pubs and clubs. To be honest I think it is for the benefit of the not so aware viewer, some really need it spelling out and this is probably the easy way to achieve that end.

Being straight and talking about Corrie, I must admit I prefer the epitaph to Mike, which says, he had his hands in more knickers in the street than any other man, nice one. :LOL: :LOL:

Richardp said:
the bit about the gameshow suggests that gays are more intelligent than straights :LOL:

Actually there has been some research undertaken regarding this.............I'll try and get hold of the article when I'm back in work after Easter.

ha secure, I was thinking lucky you, wish I felt a little gay as opposed to :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

and hey... I laughed cos it was funny.
We can find humour in all subjects so long as we laugh with it and not at it! :rolleyes: :LOL:

paulbrown said:
I have no figures to confirm this but would suggest the Welsh get the most stick from her!

You know, you could be right and tbh I detest the snivelling nasally speaking old harridan. I'd give her what for, the way she condemns us Welsh people is just disgraceful.

brightness!!! you would give her what for!!???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :oops:

ha ha... yes... oo er missus... joke !!!! (pun intended... having fun with.. not at..)

and I feel certain brightness will take it as such!

Sponsored Links
Back