Repressurise boiler after bleeding radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I've just bled my radiators but now have no pressure in my boiler. How do I repressurise it? Its a potterton performa 24 Eco HE

Attachments

• IMG_20211031_151422.jpg
    IMG_20211031_151422.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20211031_151448.jpg
    IMG_20211031_151448.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 109
Sponsored Links
Silver coloured ,flexible,braided hose below boiler is the filling loop. At the end of it there is a small black plastic lever ,operate the lever to open the valve. Can't see if there is another one at the other end of the flexi ,is there one??

The silver braided pipe coming towards the camera, should have a black handle on both ends, turn one to be inline, then turn the other till the pressure rises to 1.3bar. If there's only one, turn it inline until the pressure rises. once at the right pressure turn one or both at 90deg to the pipe/valve

No just one black valve on the silver pipe and then three black valves higher up closer to the boiler itself

Sponsored Links
When I turn the silver pipe valve it sounds like water is filling it up but the pressure gauge doesn't move? I turned it off after a couple of seconds as was unsure whether I could be damaging it. Does it take a while for the pressure to increase?

Unless you’ve closed any other valves off under the boiler, it should be relatively quick, unless your mains water is poor pressure?

When I turn the silver pipe valve it sounds like water is filling it up but the pressure gauge doesn't move? I turned it off after a couple of seconds as was unsure whether I could be damaging it. Does it take a while for the pressure to increase?
It'll take longer than a couple of seconds. If you can hear water going in you're on the right track.

Unless you’ve closed any other valves off under the boiler, it should be relatively quick, unless your mains water is poor pressure?
How would I know if the others are closed? Should they be turned towards me or should they be turned to the side? Sorry I'm a complete novice at anything like this

Did the gauge work before, was the needle up around between 1-2 before you bled the radiators??

Did you turn any of the other valves before you bled the radiators and was the CH working ok, if so then just leave them alone.

Did the gauge work before, was the needle up around between 1-2 before you bled the radiators??
Yes it worked before and the CH was fine, just needed to bleed radiators as tops were cold and bottoms were hot.
When I turn it for more then a few seconds it starts to make a very loud rattling sound and the pipe starts shaking

Are you turning the lever fully,until it comes to a stop ? If so ,try turning it partially back ( To less than fully open) that will reduce the flow ,will take a bit longer to increase the pressure ,but may reduce the shaking.

Are you turning the lever fully,until it comes to a stop ? If so ,try turning it partially back ( To less than fully open) that will reduce the flow ,will take a bit longer to increase the pressure ,but may reduce the shaking.
Ok will try this. Should all the other valves be open? Or should some be closed?

Have you altered any other valves positions ? If you have not ,you don't need to worry about them ,they will all be open.

Have you altered any other valves positions ? If you have not ,you don't need to worry about them ,they will all be open.
No I don't think they have. They are aligned with the pipes so that means they are all open right? I know you said it will take longer with only turning the valve a little but roughly how long should it take?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back